We manufacture and supply quality powder coatings since 1984
C R E D E N T I A L S
T H E R M A S E T N E W S
O N L I N E O R D E R S
( General Public )
( Approved Trade Accounts Only )
Benefits of Powder Coatings:
- Virtually all over-sprayed powder can be recovered for re-use,
- Powder Coatings require no pre-mixing, viscosity adjustments or stirring,
- Coating process is easily controlled and automated,
- Minimum waste and associated disposal costs,
- Eliminates use of solvents,
- Allows users to achieve a broad range of coating thicknesses in a single pass without runs or sags,
- Minimises reject as damaged coatings can be blown off before heat is applied to the object,
- Cuts down on air conditioning requirements as all air is typically returned to the plant,
- One coat coverage reduces production time and related costs,
- Corrosion Resistant.
Why Powder Coatings?
Thermo setting powder coatings are now generally recognized as having a significant role in the metal finishing industries world-wide
Powder coatings have been a commercial reality now for over thirty years.
Powder coatings are used for the same key reasons as any surface finishing process:
- To protect the substrate they have been applied to
- To enhance the appearance of the item they have been applied to.
The key benefits of powder coatings are often summarized by the five E’s of powder coating.
- Ease of application
- Environmentally friendly
- Excellence of finish
- Excellence of performance
Other benefits include:
- The elimination to a large extent of solid waste disposal problems.
- Solvent emissions are virtually eliminated, resulting in much easier compliance with EPA regulations.
- Energy costs are greatly reduced and Volatile Organic Component easily controlled.
- No solvents are required in mixing, cleaning or maintenance.
- Up to 99% of powder overspray can be recovered and reused. The 1% residual can easily be disposed off as a solid.
Powder coatings are often used as alternatives to liquid paint finishing. In comparisons with traditional liquid finishing, powder coatings offer two significant application benefits:
- They are single coat finishes, with no primer required.
- High film thickness can be achieved with a single coat.
The powder coating application process is also readily automated, enabling high volume industrial application plants to operate economically with a minimum of rejects. These benefits have enabled powder coatings to take a significant share of the industrial finishing market.
Health & Safety
It is the aim of THERMASET LIMITED to comply with the requirements of the 1974 Health and Safety at Work Act and other relevant legislation.
To do this effectively we will take a systematic approach to identifying risks and allocating the resources to control them taking into account the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
We undertake an examination of work activities and shall make suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks to health and safety of our employees and to anyone not in our employment who may be affected by our activities.
“We decided that our good fortune in winning the draw might be better marked by supporting our local hospice and Thermaset agreed to substitute the watch prize for its £299 value.”
“Thermaset is a great sponsor. We are grateful to have the company on board and have high hopes for the future. The car is probably the most highly developed racing Sagaris in existence at the moment…”
“It’s great to have this sort of backing and recognition from a local business and we hope that other organisations might also support what we are doing. Bike2life is starting to have a big impact in the community…”
“Midland Paint & Powder Coaters Limited first bought powder from Thermaset in 1992 and it’s a testament to them that they are still a major supplier to this day. We have entrusted Thermaset with some significant orders during the last 20 years or so…”
“We will be celebrating 30 years in business this year (2014) and this will mark a key period in our history where we have seen production double over the last few years enabling us to recruit more staff and look set to expand even further in 2014…”
“Three things are important when buying from a powder coating manufacturer: Price, Product and Delivery. Thermaset performs well on this trio of essentials and offers more into the bargain…..”
“Export orders from Norway and Spain have boosted business for Tamworth based Thermaset Limited, one of the UK’s best known companies for the formulation and manufacture of powder coatings……”